Day 1: Cusco To Pukamarca
7:00 am we pick you up from your hotel and bring you to Sacsayhuaman, where the horses are waiting for us. Today we walk for around 7 hours, first climbing over 4000m and then descending to Pukamarka village. On the way the view is spectacular, we will walk through high andean Puna grassland with some potatoe plantations.
We pass by two lakes: Suyllo Cocha and Qori Cocha, where it is possible to see Andean Gull, Neotropic Cormorants, Speckled Teal, Puna Teal and Mountain Caracaras. During the trek we will also see Llama and sheep herds grazing in the mountains. In the afternoon we follow the river to get to Pukamarka village (3100m), where we put up our camp. We can visit the Inka walls in the village.
Day 2: Pukamarka To Lamay And Cusco
After breakfast we continue walking for 1.20 hours aprox. Towards Huchuy Qosqo. Just behind Pukamarka we walk through an impressive canyon with wooden bridges. Continuing we can already see the terraces of Huchuy Qosqo. Arriving in Huchuy Qosqo we have an explanation about the arqueological site and the Inka culture. We enjoy the view of the Sacred Valley below. Afterwards we continue walking downhill to Lamay for aprox. 2 hours. Our bus is waiting for us in the village to take us back to Cusco.
- Private Transfer Hotel- Sacsayhuaman
- English speaking guide
- Meals during the trek (day 1: L,D, day 2: B, L)
- Camping equipment
- Horses (and horsemen) for the equipment and emergency horse with a saddle
- Entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- Private Transfer Lamay – Cusco.
- Sleeping bag
- Extra drinking water
- Extra horse for riding
- Alcoholic drinks.
Things You Should Bring For The Trek:
- Mosquito repellent
- Short and long sleeved shirts
- Pullover or fleece
- Cotton socks
- Hiking shoes
- Sandals (or light shoes to change, optional)
- Rain gear (jacket or poncho)
- Long pants
- Camera, films, spares batteries
- Plastic bags for clothes and camera etc.
- Personal things (soap, toilet paper, small towel etc.)
- Hat (or handkerchief)
- Sun blocker, sun glasses
- Water bottle (min. 1,5 litre)
- Sleeping bag (can also be rented)
- Flashlight (with spare bulb & batteries)
- Walking poles (optional, can be rented)
- Water purifying tablets (e.g. Micropur)
- Day pack (if you rent an extra porter/ horse)
- Passport copy ( for Inka Trail/ Machu Picchu: original!)
- Some money in Soles (for meals in Aguas Cal. and tip).
Fill the form to complete your reservation