ANDES PATH PERU and Ausangate Peru Trekking 5Days.
Once again, offers the best destination for the most demanding trekkers,that blends an expedition to Vinicunca, The Rainbow Mountain (5200M.17060,37 ft.) and Ausangate(6.372m/20900ft), Ausangate Peru Trekking 5Days, the Andean worldview most important Sacred Mountains since our ancestral times, located in the magical region of Cusco Perú, South America.
This beautiful five days circuit, takes you around the Sacred Mountains “Vinicunca and Ausangate” and over its three high passes, two of them over 5,100m/16732.28ft. This trek begins in Upis village through the magical Rainbow Mountain Peru and ends in the Pacchanta’s hot springs to relax after a hard trek.
Ausangate Peru Trekking 5Days, this unique and amazing landscape, makes this trek a memorable for a lifetime.
Why Andes Path Peru?
Andes Path Peru, is considered by our customers to be the leading experts on a new and authentic experiences at a competitive prices and services. We always go the extra mile to provide you with the utmost satisfaction during your trips and we believe that the responsible tourism, is a better way to see and explore the world.
- Ausangate mountain has significance in Incan mythology.
- “The road of the Apu Ausangate” is one of the most renowned treks in Peru.
- VINICUNCA, The Rainbow Mountain, is listed among the newest and on of the best attractions in the world. Definitely, unique hiking adventures that you will find in Peru.
- After Machu picchu is the second most popular and a lot less crowded With less people to make your own trip and have the best look on these magical and incredible mountains.
- The hike alongside the magnificent Snow mountain Ausangate and the arrival to Vinicunca is one of the best experiences and recently known to mankind.
- Native communities of Quechua-speaking Inca descendants that exploit the vast wide ones of Altiplano, snowcapped mountains, shepherds path, alpacas and maybe the andean condor
When to visit Ausangate Peru Trekking 5Days:
- Best time: March-November
- Regular time: DECEMBER-JANUARY (according the weather)
Ausangate Peru Trekking 5Days Summary:
- DAY 1. CUSCO/UPIS/AUSANGATE LAGOON (4447 metros / 14589ft) (4,850m/15.91207ft)
- DAY 2. K’AYRAWIRE/RAINBOW MOUNTAIN VINICUNCA(5,200m/17,056ft)/QESIUNO
- DAY 3. PALOMANI / KJAMPA (5,050m/16.56824ft)
- DAY 4. SURAPAMPA/PACCHANTA (4,600m/15,088ft)
- DAY 5. TINKI/CUSCO (3,800 m/12,470 ft)
DAY 1: CUSCO/ AUSANGATE LAGOON CAMP (L, D)
Early morning we depart Cusco in our transportation, driving 3 three hours through a typical and colorful villages to reach the small village of Upis and manned by our supporting staff, after a short briefing, our route lead us across a pampa of grassy meadows,then get to the first pass of Arapa.
After six hours trek approx, we arrive to our lunch spot, rest and time to take pictures, here, we’ll get some marvelous views of the amazing colors lagoons, as Laguna Ausangate, camping and overnight.
DAY 2 K’AYRAWIRE/RAINBOW MOUNTAIN VINICUNCA (5,200m/17,056ft)/QESIUNO CAMP (B,L,D)
From here, we get a dramatic, close-up view of Ausangate snow-capped and we may even hear some chunks of ice falling into the lake from the sides of the mountain – don’t worry though, we are not in any danger where we walk! we continue uphill almost 3 hours to our second pass, 5,200m/17,056ft we enjoy as well a wonderful views, not only of Mount Ausangate, but also of many other nearby snow-capped peaks. The Vilcanota range and the most important magic mountain Vinicunca the rainbow mountain, A short hike down in the afternoon brings us where we set up our campsite for the night.
DAY 3 PALOMANI / KJAMPA (5,050m/16.56824ft)
Leaving our campsite, we begin a winding ascent alongside a widening stream until we reach the Valley of the Viscachas, named for the gorgeous furry animals that can be found here. We pass through the small community of Kjampa ((5,050m,16568,24ft), from where we can see the fabulous snow-capped peaks of Puka Punta (red peak)and quimsa Punta.
Upon reaching the final pass at Q’omer Q’ocha (green lagoon), we have lunch among the wild vicuñas and picturesque lakes. A short downhill walk brings us to the mystical, Lake Minaparayoc, then toward Kjampa, where we camp along the shore.
DAY 4 SURAPAMPA/PACCHANTA (4,600m/15,088ft)
Hiking down through of Surapampa Valley, we pass many herds of grazing llamas and alpacas until we get the hot springs of Pacchanta where we can rest and enjoy a soak in the soothing thermal wáter with beautiful views of Ausangate.
DAY 5 TINKI/CUSCO (3,800 m/12,470 ft)
Relaxed and refreshed, we continue hiking back to the small village of Tinqui and we catch our private transport, enjoying the last beautiful views Andes on our way back to Cusco.
Ausangate Peru Trekking 5days Includes:
- Transfer from Cusco to the start of the trail.
- All meals during the trek.
- Saddle horse for emergency.
- Professional Guide, cook, assistant.
- All camping gear, plus First Aid kit.
Ausangate Peru Trekking 5 days Not Included:
- Additional meals
- Sleeping bag
We recommend to bring:
- Sleeping bag
- Extra clothes
- Extra money
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
Fill the form to complete your reservation