Day 1: Cusco To Bambu Lodge
5:00 am We will pick you up from your hotel in a private bus. During the trip, the bus stops in interesting places like Ninamarca’sChullpas, these are pre-Inca cemetery. The trip will be around 11 hours approximately; the highest pass on this road is 4000 msl.
On this day, we travel around over the Andes and over the famous cloud forest which has interesting flora and fauna like de Andean Cock of the Rock Peru’s national bird. In the afternoon, we arrive to Asuncion Village. We will spend the night in Bambu Lodge with double rooms Optional night walk.
Day 2: Bambu To Soga De Oro Lodge
After an early breakfast we continue our trip by bus to Atalaya, stopping in the way to see the place of the orchids. From Atalaya we take the boat the rustic Soga de Oro Lodge with private bathroom and hot shower. After lunch, we go to Machuwasi Lake where we go on balsa raft exploring the lake, here it possible to see the prehistoric bird call Hoatzin and Capybaras. At night is possible to see Caimans. The night is spent at the lodge. Optional night walk (to see insects, frogs, snakes etc.)
Day 3: Soga De Oro Lodge Parrot Clay Lick – Cusco
We leave very early to see the parrot lick which is located ten minutes down river from the lodge. The activity begins around 5:30 am with the blue headed and yellow crowned parrots. Also, the blue headed and the chestnut fronted macaws. The Parrots eat the clay which has minerals that helps the stomach digestion that is the reason why hundreds of parrots parakeets and small macaws come to this particular place. After, we continue our trip to Cusco. The trip will be 10 hours aprox. First by boat and later by bus. We leave you in your hotels. Dinner by your own.
- Professional naturalist guide with telescope.
- Birding guide on request.
- Private boat transport.
- Entrance fees to the cock of the rock observation platform, Machuwasi Lake.
- Cook & food (vegetarian on request) and drinking water.
- Camping equipment and Lodging.
- First Aid Kit, extractor (for poison)
- Bite Away for mosquito bites
- Antidote for snake bite
- Radio communication.
- Rubber boots.
- Alcoholic drinks, sodas, etc.
Things You Should Bring For This Trip:
- Mosquito repellent
- Long sleeved shirts
- Cotton socks
- Hiking shoes
- Sandals or light shoes to change
- Rain gear (rain poncho is ok)
- Sweater ( in case we have coldfront)
- Long pants
- Binoculars very important the best ones are (Leica, Zeiss, Swarovski, Nikon, Bushnell)
- Camera and extra batteries
- Camera charger
- Dry bag back pack.
- Personal things like toothbrush, etc
- Hat (or handkerchief)
- Sun blocker, sun glasses
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries)
- Water bottle ( min. 1 l)
- Day pack
- Original Passport
- Money (Soles) for soft drinks, handicrafts and tips.
Fill the form to complete your reservation