DESTINATION: MACHU PICCHU & RAINBOW MOUNTAIN hiking magical mountains
PRICE: US$ 530
IS IT FOR ME?
MACHU PICCHU – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN 2 DAYS, is for travelers who wants to enjoy both mountains while also enjoying the comforts of good travel, which means great food and special personal care. On this trip you will carry fewer luggage’s or to go on mules to continue the trip to the rainbow mountain.
MACHU PICCHU-RAINBOW MOUNTAIN has become world famous not only for the legendary Lost City of the Incas but because of its stunning views of the Rainbow Mountain recently explored by spectacular landscapes and dramatic sceneries, mix two magical mountains in 2 different days.
IN CASE OF “WAYNA PICCHU”, WE RECOMMEND TO BOOK AT LEAST 2 OR 3 MONTHS IN ADVANCE, THERE ARE ONLY 400 PLACES AVAILABLE PER DAY.
DAY 01- CUSCO/AGUAS CALIENTES/MACHUPICCHU/CUSCO
We picked up from your hotel very early in the morning to travel towards Ollantaytambo village where there is 2 hours by train service to Aguas Calientes village. Arriving at Machu Picchu train station where the guide waits for you with your names displayed. Then we board a bus to Machu Picchu sanctuary Travel On the trip we ascend 400 m/1,312 ft. by a zigzag route for 30 minutes and finally arriving to the Machu Picchu sanctuary.
The Sanctuary of Machu Picchu is known as the lost city of the Incas and was the last refuge of the Inca´s Empire. We visit and explore all the Incan places that are part of this wonder, walking tour takes 3 hours, enough time to understand why the Incas decided to build Machu Picchu at this location.
In the afternoon board the train back to Cusco. Please note that you need to be at the train station at least 30 minutes before the departure time of your train service. During the train service, the waiters provide some aperitifs on board and drinks such as Coca tea, Muña, or more drinks, etc. When you will get to Ollantaytambo or Poroy station, a transfer service will be waiting for you, to take you to your hotel in Cusco city.
DAY 2 – CUSCO/PAMPA-CHILCA/RAINBOW MOUNTAIN/CUSCO
We leave Cusco very early in the morning from your Hotel, adjust to its altitude by exploring through the Vilcanota Valley, small villages, colonial church, Pitumarca village, small inca site MACHUPITUMARCA and its small Pitumarca canyon, a short drive from here takes us to Q´ESIUNO, where we manned by Quechua-speaking Inca descendants, after a short break and energy breakfast, our trip continued 3 hours hiking up toward VINICUNCA THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN, we set off to explore the area. This is a perfect opportunity to stop for photos and a snack. From here, we returning on to Q´ESIUNO for our lunch spot, then return to Cusco
DAY 1: IN MACHUPICCHU
- Machu Picchu
- Private & personalized tours
- Active itinerary with unique cultural features
- Private tourist transport (minivan for 5 people, van for 12 people, or bus for 20 people)
- English speaking tour guide
- Comprehensive guided sightseeing
- Machu Picchu Ticket
- All pick-ups (pickup and drop-off at your hotel) Machu Picchu Travel
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern Inca motor coach
- Two train tickets Ollantaytambo/Machu Picchu (Expedition Tourist Train “round trip”)
- Two bus tickets Machu Picchu(up &down)
- All local taxes
- Meals where not stated
- Excess baggage charges
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages or snacks
- Phone calls/Radio calls or messages
- Insurance of any kind
What to Bring with you
- Original passport (and International Student Identity Card “ISIC” if it is applicable)
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended but not required)
- Comfortable day backpack (to carry your personal belongings)
- Lighter trekking boots (with good ankle support)
- Plastic bottles are forbidden in Machu Picchu Park so bring: aluminum bottle, Camelback, Nalgene bottle, etc.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho (depends on weather conditions)
- Warm jacket
- T-shirts/Comfortable trousers/Sun hat for Machu Picchu Travel
- Windbreaker (depends on weather conditions) Machu Picchu Travel advice.
- Sun protection cream (SPF 45 or higher recommended), sun hat, sun glasses
- Personal medication
- Camera with extra batteries
DAY 2 TO RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
- Transfers from /to: hotel in Cusco
- Expert Mountaineering tour guide
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 1lunch & 2snacks
- Private transportation
- Horses per person (in Rainbow mountain)
- Dinning tent
- Cooking tent
- Spoken languages: Spanish, English, portugués
DOES NOT INCLUDED
- Flights to and from Peru / Cusco, or any kind of transport before or after completion of the program
- Tipping staff
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
- Long sleeved shirts
- Walking pants
- Polar or thermal clothing
- Sweater and Warm jacket
- Thermal clothes.
- Hiking boots
- Waterproof pants and jacket
- Cotton pants.
- Wool gloves
- Hat or cap for the sun
- Memory Cards
- Toiletries and first aid
- Lip balm
- Hiking poles
- Pocket knife
- Bottle or canteen
- Plastic bag to keep the battery, dirty or wet clothes
- Small backpack
Fill the form to complete your reservation